As all of you know that iCloud is an official app from Apple Inc. which is used for sync and back-up your data. You can get the full access to iCloud drive by just sign in from your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, Windows etc. So now you we will talk about how to set up iCloud for Windows 10 by following the proper steps and make it useful to work. Sometimes it has been found that accidentally our phone’s files get deleted or memory got formatted. In that case we need to sync our data and backup our important files in iCloud for keeping them safely. Those peoples who using the iPhone and Windows PCs they need to know these procedures very clearly.
So for all the users we are going to tell you about iCloud for windows download and how to do the overall setup on Windows 10. Through the iCloud for Windows, the documents, photos, bookmarks, mails, contacts, files will get up to date on your Apple devices easily. For performing this task you need to allow your iPhone Apps to store documents and data on iCloud drive. Let’ start the set up procedure from the below steps.
Also read: How To Update iTunes To The Latest Version
Initially you need to prepare yourself for downloading iCloud for Windows. Setup and sign in on the iCloud account on all of your Apple devices. Create an Apple ID from Apple.com and sign in into iCloud using the Apple id and password. Now follow the steps to set up your Apple devices, depending on the type of information you need to keep up to date in iCloud.
- Outlook 2007/16 – For syncing the Contacts, Calendar, Mails, Remainders.
- Safari Browser, Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 22, Google Chrome 28 – For syncing the web bookmarks.
- Set up iCloud to add files from Mac – Sync Documents.
- Update your mac OS to macOS Sierra.
Also read: Download Xender for PC
Procedure to set up iCloud on Windows 10
Follow these steps and apply the same on you Windows 10 PC for complete set up of iCloud on Windows 10.
- First download the set up file to install iCloud for Windows 10 from below provided link.
- Now open the setup file from the file explorer and manually install the iCloud app in your windows 10 PC. Run the app by right click on the icon and open it as an Administrator.
- If needed you have to restart your computer completing up the proper set up processes.
- After turning on the computer you need to open the iCloud app from the icon present in desktop screen. Or manually from the Start menu -> All Apps -> Programmes -> iCloud for windows.
- On the iCloud Dashboard screen you get the login page where you have to enter your Apple user ID and Password.(same ID and password you using in your iPhone or other Apple Devices)
- Choose the features, contents, information which you want to sync or keep up to date across your Apple devices. For more advanced options in each content, you can select the Options button for every separate category.
- Now finalize your information to sync by click on the Apply
Must read: How To Fix iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo
View your files through the iCloud App
Now it’s the time to view your files with the help of iCloud App on your Windows 10 PC. After installing iCloud drive on your PC it will automatically create up an iCloud Drive folder in File Explorer. Any docs or file which you are stored in iCloud drive will automatically download to PC folder and you can view this file. Same way if you insert any photos, videos, keynotes etc. inside the iCloud Drive folder of PC it will appear on your Apple devices.
This is the way to sync and view your file commonly between you Windows 10 PC and Apple devices. Keep in mind that you always need to keep Sign in with the help of same Apple ID on iCloud Drive.
Photos – Download and Share through iCloud
When the photos option will turned on from your iCloud for Windows it will automatically create another folder named iCloud Photos in your File Explorer. Now open that folder and view you iPhones photos and videos which can be now ready to download also. When you add new photos or videos in iCloud Photo Library it automatically gets synced with your Windows iCloud Photo folder. You can also download the entire library at a time by selecting the whole year collection. Share and comment in your photos instantly when you will share any photos with your friends and favourite ones.
You can also open the Start menu and scroll to open the iCloud folder and again open iCloud Photos folder. Now get three different category folders – downloads, uploads, shared – to find your photos.
Keep your information up to date on all devices
- First you need to keep sign in on all of your devices in which iCloud is present.
- For Windows: Open iCloud for Windows -> select Mail, Calendar, Contacts, and Reminders -> Apply.
- For iOS: Settings -> your name -> iCloud -> Turn on mail. (for iOS 10.2 or earlier Settings -> iCloud)
- For MacOS: Apple menu -> System Preferences -> iCloud -> Mail.
Upgrade and Manage iCloud storage
You can upgrade and change your iCloud storage space by visiting official site of Apple i.e. Apple.com. Now to see your iCloud storage available space iCloud for Windows -> Storage -> Select any app and check the used space and available free space. To manage Apple id open iCloud for Windows -> Account Details -> Manage Apple ID.
To keep update your iCloud account for Windows you can open Apple Software Update on your PC -> Edit ->Preferences -> select Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Never to check updates.
iCloud – Turn off and Uninstall for Windows
To turn off iCloud software for Windows PC you can just sign out and you will be disconnect or turn off it instantly. To turn off any services then simple de-select that service from the iCloud for Windows list. To Uninstall this product open Start menu -> Control Panel -> Programmes -> Select iCloud for windows -> right click -> Uninstall.
The overall information provided above is totally based on the Apple devices and for your Windows 10 PC only. For the users who having Windows 7 or earlier versions then maybe it will not supports these features properly. So keep in mind to study the above topic clearly and the step wise procedures while starting iCloud for Windows 10 for the first time. After completing this set up on your Windows 10 PC, it will help you to keep your information and data safely on iCloud drive such that you can access them easily from any devices, anywhere and anytime you want.