Windows and gaming is the best combination after gaming consoles. There are thousands of games out there for Windows, and most popular GPU provider all over the world is NVidia. If you are a gamer and use Windows to play games, then you might have heard about Nvidia before. While it works pretty well on all Windows versions, and each NVidia graphic card comes with NVIDIA GeForce Experience to get your system latest automatic driver updates. While it resolves most of your Nvidia related problems automatically, but many users have reported that they are continuously facing unable to connect to Nvidia try again later error in their Windows OS.
NVidia video cards are used worldwide, and just for gaming but for professional purposes as well. So if this GeForce experience unable to connect to Nvidia error occurs it may create some real trouble. If you are among those who is facing this Unable to Connect to NVidia Error on GeForce Experience and looking for solutions, then you are at the right place.
Here in this post we are going to tell you about the causes and methods to solve Unable to Connect to NVidia 2017 error easily. Do note that there are many reasons why this problem occurs as it can be because of old Nvidia driver, or because of internet connectivity that’s why GeForce Experience is unable to connect to Nvidia servers. Whatever is the problem, below you can find multiple methods to solve unable to connect to Nvidia Windows 10.
Also read: GET RID OF CONFIRM FORM RESUBMISSION ERROR
What is “Unable to Connect to NVIDIA” Error?
Before moving on to solutions of Unable to connect to NVIDIA error, you must know about it. As we said earlier that this error does not have specific causes and you can face it because of missing or corrupt files, or sometimes because an application is unable to connect with NVIDIA server. Here are some of the most common reasons why you are getting this error:
- Your internet connection is turned off.
- NVIDIA service is not being able to start.
- There is a glitch with current version GeForce Experience and be resolved in next version etc. itself.
Must Read: HOW TO STREAM ON TWITCH WITH OBS
Solutions for GeForce Experience Unable to Connect to NVidia Problem
Method #1. Automatic Driver Update Utility
If you are getting unable to connect to Nvidia servers or unable to connect to Nvidia driver errors then you should download the automatic driver update utility from Nvidia to download latest Nvidia drivers for your system. There are many people out there who have reported that they were able to fix unable to connect to NVIDIA error on Windows 10/8.1/7 after using Nvidia driver update utility. So you should try it once too:
- First of go to the official Nvidia website to download Automatic Driver Updates utility.
- Now click on Download and wait for the software to get downloaded.
- Once downloaded, install it like any other program and open it.
- Now Automatic Driver Updates will check the driver version your system have and if there is any new version available.
- If it finds any new driver version, then this tool will automatically download and install latest Nvidia GeForce driver.
Method #2. Disable and Re-enable NVIDIA Services
The cause of this problem could be that the GeForce Experience is not able to auto update drivers. This would trigger problems in connectivity and shows you this error. The culprit behind this problem is the “NVIDIA Network Service” which might not be started. So the first thing you can do to fix it is to start the NVIDIA Network Service again so it can download latest NVIDIA drivers:
- First of all press Windows Key + R together on your computer to open RUN box.
- Now type “services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- A new window will pop-up on your screen, with a list of all services related to your computer.
- Now scroll down, and locate the NVIDIA Network Service. Now you will notice that most of the services are either Stopped or Running, but Nvidia Network Service states “Starting”.
- If it doesn’t state Starting, then follow other method.
- If it says “Starting” then navigate to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NetService\.
- Now simply Delete NSManagedTasks.xml file, which should be an XML Document type file.
- Do note that if you are not able to see this file in this folder, then you have to enable option to show hidden files and folders.
- Once you have deleted it, press Windows Key + X and choose Task Manager to open it.
- Go to the Details tab and locate NVNetworkService.exe. program.
- Select the program and then click End Task.
- Now you have to go back to the Services window, right-click NVIDIA Network Service and start it.
Your GeForce Experience should be working properly now.
Method #3. Change Hosts IP to Fix Unable To Connect To Nvidia 2017 Error
- First of all navigate to “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc” and right click on host file and select Open with Notepad.
- Do note that you should create a copy of the same file anywhere else so in case something went wrong, you can always get back to where you were.
- Once you have opened the file with Notepad, just change the numbers 0.0.0 into 127.0.0.1 or you can simply remove the x.x.x.x localhost.
- Some users said that they were not able to edit the Hosts file text or numbers. If you facing this problem too, then copy and paste the same file from some other location.
- Edit the text and then paste it again in the same folder.
Method #4. Uninstall and Reinstall Nvidia GeForce Program
Another simple way to get rid of this error on your Windows system it to uninstall the GeForce program, re-download and re-install it again. If you are using GeForce Experience older than 2.5.x.x then you will need to upgrade it to latest version in order to fix this issue. You don’t have to look for it elsewhere as you can download it from NVIDIA support website. Here’s how to do it:
- First of all press Windows Key + R together to open the RUN box.
- Now type “appwiz.cpl” (without quotes) and hit Enter.
- A new Control Panel window will appear on your screen with a list of all installed programs and features.
- Just locate the GeForce Experience program, select it and then click on Uninstall.
- Now follow the instructions carefully and restart your system to make changes.
- Now visit official NVIDIA support website or click on this link to download latest GeForce Experience program.
- Once you have downloaded it, just install it like every other program.
It is most likely to solve your problem but if this too not work then try the other methods mentioned here.
Nvidia is definitely one of the best GPU provider and if you are using its graphic cards, then you can’t have anything better. While unable to connect to Nvidia try again later fix is shared above and if you have same problem then you can follow above steps to solve it.
While there might be many more ways to fix unable to connect to Nvidia 2017 error, but according to use above mentioned methods works best among them and will definitely solve your problem. If you know about some more methods to solve GeForce experience unable to connect to Nvidia error Windows 10/8.1/7, then do let us know about them via comments below.